Week one has come to an end, and I can honestly say that I am very happy I made the decision to come here.
Everyone at my school has been really nice and helpful, and each person did everything they could to make me feel at home. I've already been referring to my apartment as "home".
As for work, the week was spent mostly observing classes and writing detailed reports on what I saw. Mostly I was able to learn from each teacher's style and file it away mentally, so I could adapt those techniques to my own way of working.
On Friday, Melissa (the other new teacher) and I did our demo lesson. This involved pretending to teach a class in front of our boss. The boss gave us a few surprises, including pretending to be an insubordinate student. I thought I handled it pretty well.
They must have been pleased, because even though I made some minor mistakes, they let Melissa and I go home a couple hours early, saying that we didn't need to keep observing classes -- that was only if we didn't do well on the demo lesson.
On Monday, we will find out what classes we will be teaching.
No comments:
Post a Comment