My school isn't unique in having a number of pretty sad stories over the years.
These include:
- A teacher falling down the stairs and injuring his face so badly he needed plastic surgery.
- A girl getting fired for stealing a bag of chips (or forgetting to pay for them).
- A guy fleeing from a cab fare, and the cab driver tracking him down at the school.
- A girl getting so drunk she blacked out and had to be picked up at the police station by the school director.
And, most recently:
- A girl falling down the stairs and breaking both her ankles (to the best of my knowledge).
Writing about this makes it seem like I'm casting judgment, but I'm not. There is the temptation to assign blame and say they had what was coming to them. That's not what I'm doing here. I wasn't there when any of the above happened. Yes, many of them were very drunk, but they were all also very nice people (the ones I've met) who probably didn't deserve the consequences that came from these accidents or incidents. And I know I've done things that may be considered worse than the ones above.
The best I can do is hope I'm not as unlucky. But I think I'll be O.K. A man's got to know his limitations, as Clint Eastwood said. And I think I'm keenly aware of mine.
I've said that this is college part two. I take that back. It's college times two.
Moral of the story? We should try to be lucky, and have our nights end without getting hurt, and more like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment