Today I had three observations in a row. Thankfully, they all went smoothly. So I think I'll be O.K.
Having someone watch you teach can be nerveracking, especially if he or she sometimes interrupts the lesson. But I think I actually learned from it, and I'm a lot better off for the experience. Now I know total chaos can happen at any time, but preparation can (sometimes) prevent it.
I get to end Tuesdays and Thursdays with a "Leap High" class with the school's "golden children", as one of the other teachers put it. They are 11-year-old kids who can speak and write English better than American-born kids their age. Having them as the final class of the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays has been a delight so far, and I always look forward to the class.
My next goal will be to learn to prepare faster. Right now, I'm looking forward to the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment